Friday, September 16, 2005

Robata Grill & Sushi

591 Redwood Highway, Mill Valley
381.8400

Back to Robata Grill on the way from the city for a quick lunch. We ordered lunch special, because I wasn't inspired by anything else on the menu. Miso soup was delivered right away. It was ok, just broth with miso and tiny teeny tofu. The lunch looked gorgeous when it arrived. It came in a bento box (lacquered box with compartments), and had iceberg lettuce salad, deep-fried fake crab, chicken teriyaki, and salmon skin roll.
Well, I am very sorry to say the only edible thing was deep-fried fake crab. I must advise you that I am neither a deep-fried food fan nor a fake crab afficionado. Chicken teriyaki was gummy. I don't know what part of chicken they used. It was drenched in strange sweet sauce and accompanied by red ginger. Salmon skin roll had no skin in it. It was a roll with very dry salmon and even drier rice. The entire thing was very disappointing.
I know they can do much much better, because I attended a function catered by the restaurant last year. I just hope they start to serve better food at lunch time; otherwise I will have to look for other places to go to for Friday lunches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home